Smithsonian resources are in red.
Books for Teachers
- Ranger Rick's NatureScope--Let's Hear it for Herps!
- is a sixty eight page activity guide for elementary teachers that includes
background information, activities, craft ideas, reproducible pages, and
an extensive bibliography. Available through McGraw Hill publishers, phone
(800) 262-4729, book number 0070470995.
- Smithsonian bibliography on the biology of amphibians
World Wide Web Resources
- Herpetology links from the World Wide Web virtual library
- International reptiles and amphibians Website directory
- Reptile links from the Electronic Zoo
- Amphibian links from the Electronic Zoo
- The Declining Amphibian Populations Task Force home page
- Reptile Knowledge
database of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory
- Savannah River Ecology Laboratory from the University of Georgia
- Herptiles, from The Wild Ones: An Educational Project of the Wildlife
Preservation Trust International (also available in Spanish)
- Teacher resource material on reptiles and amphibians from the Everglades
- Friends of the National Zoo Animal Facts Amphibians
- Friends of the National Zoo Animal Facts Reptiles
- National Zoological Park herp images online